A Unique Analysis of Philly Joe Jones' Approach to Soloing
Welcome to the ISMS series, a drum method dedicated to and built around the famous Bruce Lee quote: “I fear not the [person] who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the [person] who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” For the purposes of this series, the quote has been modified as follows: “I fear not the MUSICIAN who has practiced 10,000 LICKS once, but I fear the MUSICIAN who has practiced one LICK 10,000 times.” Philly-ISM, the second book in Tim's ISMS series, is a unique analyses of Philly Joe Jones' “rudimental” approach to soloing. More specifically, it's a deep dive into Philly's use of the paradiddle.
With Philly-ISM, you will:
• Learn how Philly Joe utilized the paradiddle sticking and its variations in his solos
• Study 18 Philly solos from legendary recordings
• Permutate, orchestrate, and subdivide the ISM
• Analyze nine additional Philly trademark phrases
• Learn to sing and solo using your ISM over real song forms
• Absorb the ISM and create your own variations!
Includes over one hour of instructional video lessons demonstrating exercises and concepts from this book.
AU RRP inc GST
10 Units in Stock